Do you want to boost the value of your home? A new driveway can help you improve your safety, raise the value of your home, and so much more. When it comes to purchasing a new driveway, the variety of materials and styles available can be overwhelming. Burbank Concrete and Construction, being one of the top concrete driveway contractors in Burbank, CA, thinks that a concrete driveway is the greatest alternative for homes in the area. Continue reading to learn more about the advantages of concrete driveways, or contact us today to get a quotation.
Is a Concrete Driveway a Good Investment?
The installation of a concrete driveway is still the most popular among homeowners. When installed by a professional concrete driveway contractor, the slabs can easily withstand heavy traffic. The dilemma for property owners isn’t whether or not a concrete driveway is useful; it’s whether or not you should spend your hard-earned money on one. There are numerous reasons why installing a concrete driveway is a wise investment. These are some of the reasons:
- Longevity: With proper maintenance, a solid concrete driveway can last up to 50 years. Asphalt driveways often last 50 to 60 percent longer.
- Concrete’s capacity to handle heat, cold, and sunlight is one of the reasons for its popularity. Seasonal temperature changes cause materials like asphalt to expand and contract, resulting in fissures. Concrete becomes increasingly solid as time goes on, and it also reflects sunlight to keep the temperature consistent.
- Concrete’s superior weight-bearing capacity and reduced expansion and contraction make it suitable for property owners who don’t want to add to their annual maintenance. This low-maintenance alternative can be used for decades without the need for additional maintenance.
- Concrete driveways have a high resale value. Buyers prefer clean lines and the assurance that they won’t have to make regular maintenance, which they’ll get with a concrete driveway.
A concrete driveway installation also has a positive return on investment. A paved driveway can increase the value of a home by as much as 10%. According to other estimates, paving a previously crushed stone driveway will yield a return on investment of 50 to 75 percent. Find out more about the benefits of a concrete driveway here.
What Does It Cost to Install a Concrete Driveway?
The cost of installing a concrete driveway ranges from $4 to $15 per square foot, with an average of $6 per square foot. Size, slab reinforcement, location, ornamental elements, and whether or not a driveway removal is required are all factors that might affect the cost. The following are some other frequently neglected cost-drivers:
- Staining: Staining a concrete driveway adds visual value by matching the residence or adding a decorative element to the grounds. This step is done before the slab hardens, and it adds to the labor and material expenditures.
- Stamping: To give the slab a new dimension, skilled concrete driveway contractors can stamp patterns and textures onto it. Although it raises the overall cost per square foot, a resilient concrete driveway can be inlaid with stone, marble, or tile.
- Heating: For those who don’t like shoveling snow, heated coils can be installed to melt accumulations slowly. This function reduces the amount of time spent shoveling and the risk of slipping and falling due to ice build-up.
The building of a concrete driveway is still a cost-effective technique to boost the value of a home. A simple slab is still reasonably priced and provides an excellent return on investment. Although small extras increase the initial cost, they bring long-term value.
Engage the Services of a Professional Concrete Contractor
Working with skilled concrete driveway contractors is critical when remodeling your house. This is because specialists deal with this type of work on a daily basis and understand how to spot issues and provide high-quality solutions. When consumers try to save money by doing their own installation, their driveways frequently crack and need to be replaced sooner rather than later. You can prevent costly mistakes and save money in the long run by employing a professional concrete driveway constructor.